Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- 2,500 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $25 in gift cards, electronics and other great rewards
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
- Great rewards &extra perks in many forms
- Redeem points for travel, cash and more
- 0% APR on new purchases for seven months
- No annual fee
With 1 point for every dollar spent on general purchases and 2 points for every dollar on restaurants and entertainment, Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students is a great choice for students who like to go out for fun after school. If you spend $500 within the first three months, you can earn 2,500 bonus points. All the points you earn can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, travel, and more.There’s also no annual fee, and no expiration date to the points users can earn. The card also has some extra perks including travel insurance and purchase protection.
With a regular APR of 14.99-24.99%, the card will cost much money on interest for people carrying a large balance. Even worse, the card has a strict penalty rule which will raise your APR to 29.99 percent if miss a payment or pay late.
The Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students is a good choice for college students who enjoy eating out and looking for fun during off-school days. People who carry a large balance or make late payments should consider other cards.