Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®
- Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- There's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards won't expire for the life of the account
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Pay no annual or foreign transaction fees
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Bonus cash back for on-time payments
- Higher credit lines after on-time payments
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
Normally, users can earn 1% cash back on all purchases they make, and Capital One will reward users with a 25% bonus on earned cash back each month they make payments on time. Plus, the card charges no annual fee or foreign transaction fees. Your card is under fraud coverage in case it's lost or stolen.
The interest rate is fixed at 20.99%, which is almost twice as high as other student credit cards. Also, you may also be given a credit limit as low as $300 based on your credit profile.
With its 25% cash back bonus, it's a great card for students who pay on time. However, if you cannot make your payment on time, the high-interest rate will cost you a lot of money.