USAA Secured Card® Platinum Visa®
- Best for members rebuilding or establishing credit.
- Determine your own credit limit ($250 to $5,000) with an interest-earning CD.
- No foreign transaction fees when you travel outside the United States.
- Low fees
- No foreign transaction fee
- Cardmember and service member benefits
- No penalty APR
- Extended warranty
USAA secured card is specially designed for military members and their families. People who get PCS orders or carry a balance while on active duty can use USAA card to lower the APR to 4%. Besides, USAA also offers nice travel and shopping benefits including the worldwide travel accident and baggage delay insurance, extended warranty, price protection, and more.
Compared with most secured credit cards, USAA credit card with $35 annual fee is a significant disadvantage since lots of secured credit cards are entirely free to use. Meanwhile, the minimum deposit of USAA card is more than most secured cards, which can be used for monthly bill payments and other purchases.
For service members, USAA card would be the best choice available since this card provides the service member benefits. Additionally, it requires no foreign transaction fees, making it a reliable option for military personnel who travel frequently.